CABLELINK TM INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Using the proper sized cable, measure the amount of insulation to be stripped by placing the cable next to the length of the barrel. Mark the cable with your thumb at the point where it meets the end of the open barrel.
2. Strip the cable using a cable stripping device. After removing the insulation, check by inserting the cable into the barrel to make sure the insulation is snug against the top of the barrel.
3. Next, secure the battery terminal in a vise. Make sure that the offset portion of the barrel is facing you.
4. Place the proper solder pellet into the barrel of the terminal.
5. Slide the heat shrinkable tubing over the cable.
6. Apply several drops of the liquid flux to the exposed wire strands.
7. Pre-heat the solder and terminal with a propane torch according to the Preheating Time Table.
Make sure that you are heating the offset portion of the terminal barrel.
8. After pre-heating, carefully insert the exposed cable into the barrel of the terminal and continue to heat.
9. As the solder melts, allow the exposed wire strands to sink into the terminal until the insulation is snug against the top of the barrel.
10. Slide the heat shrinkable tubing over the connection and apply indirect heat to the tubing.
11. When the tubing has fully recovered, remove the heat source and allow the connection to cool.